We are Full for most of the popular dates of Summer
To check for dates Give us a Call 231-264-8548
Honcho Rest Campground is an RV exclusive campground (sorry no Tent Camping) with cabins for non RV campers. We have 97 full hookup sites, 7 water electric hookup sites (103-110), and 6 Camping Cabins (Sorry no pets allowed in the cabins). We are located along 900' of Bass Lake frontage in the Village of Elk Rapids, MI.
Honcho Rest Campground offers Nightly, Weekly, Monthly and Seasonal Camping. For more information about Seasonal Camping please visit our Seasonal Info page.
|97 RV Sites with:
||7 RV Sites with:
- Cable TV
- Cable TV
See our Cabins Page for more information on the Cabins
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I get to choose my site? No, however, you are more than welcome to make a request for site #, type, area, etc. We do not guarantee that we will meet all requests, but we work very hard to please you.
- Why is my site request not guaranteed? We cannot guarantee site numbers or types simply because we need to retain the ability to move reservations around in order to fill to capacity, while still trying to meet EVERYONE'S request.
- Are there fish in the Lake? Yes. The lake is a great fishing lake and that is what it is predominately used for. The species enjoying the water include: Blue Gill/Sunfish, Perch, Large Mouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Northern Pike, Walleye, Bullhead Catfish, Crappie
- Do you sell bait? No. Bait is available in Town
- Do you rent row boats? No, However we do have row boats and a canoe campers may borrow while they are staying with us
- Do you have internet available? We are pleased to provide FREE exceptional WiFi throughout the park.
- Check-in time is 12:00pm for sites and cabins, Check-out time is 1:00pm, Check in is 2pm for the Cabins. Can I come early/stay later? We are happy to accommodate early check-ins, as long as the site is already vacated by the previous tenant. However, please be mindful to the fact that the site may be occupied by a previous tenant until 12:00pm. Arriving early does not get you a "better site". Late departures are welcome only during our off-season at a rate of $5.00 per hour past 12:00pm. If you are interested in an early check-in or late departure, please inquire with the office.
- Can we bring our own firewood? We do allow outside firewood to be brought in, as long as it does not come from a quarantined area. Please check with your local officials to find out if your location is considered quarantined. We do ask that you refrain from transporting ash wood. If you do not wish to bring your own firewood, it can be purchased at the office.
- What does a RV only campground mean and what is considered a RV? Being a RV only campground means that you must have a RV (not a tent) to stay at our campground, although to do offers cabins for customers who wish to stay with us and do not have a RV. A RV is a recreation vehicle used as a temporary home, typical examples of RV's are Travel Trailers, Motorhomes, 5th Wheel Trailers, Conversion Vans and Pop-up Campers. However this does not include a tent.
- Our pet is part of our family, are you a pet friendly RV park? Yes (Except in our Cabins), we welcome your 4 legged family members as long as they are always leashed, waste is picked up after, and they are not left unattended at the campsite or in the RV to be a nuisance other campers. Unfortunately Cabin guests are not allowed to bring their pets to stay with them in the cabin.
to Honcho Rest Campground. We are thrilled you have taken the time to visit!! Please take a moment to get a personal look at Honcho Rest Campground.